Wednesday 9 October 2013

Crochet Pumpkin Finger Puppets Pattern + Song

These little bitty finger puppets are so cute I just had to crochet 'em!  I made a bunch of the pumpkins and then remembered the 5 little Pumpkins finger play song.  My kids found this quite entertaining and corrected me as went along because I couldn't remember the exact wording (see below).



Free Pumpkin Finger Puppet Crochet Pattern: 

PUMPKIN
Rnd 1 - Make 6 sc in a magic ring (6)
Rnd 2 - 2 sc in each st around (12)
Rnd 3 -  1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next* repeat * around (18)
Rnd 4-6 - Sc around (18). Embroider eyes and mouth   
Rnd 7 - *1 sc, 2 sc2tog * around (12)
Rnd 8 - sc2tog around (6)
Fasten off and weave in ends.
Compliments of Lady Crochet.


 We opted to fabric glue googly eyes instead of embroidery.



My daughter thought the finger puppets would make cute oranges after Halloween so we stuck black duct tape mouths on the little pumpkins to be peeled off later. 


5 Little Pumpkins Halloween Song:


5 little pumpkins sitting on a fence.
The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late!"
The second one said, "There are bats in the air!"
The third one said, "Well we don't care!"
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"
Whoo-ooosh went the wind
And out went the light

And the five little pumpkins rolled out of sight!


Spider and Ghost instructions here.

More Finger Play Songs for Halloween from Kid'n'Kaboodle.

Feel free to share your project's on our Facebook Page.  We would love to see them!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment